Click here to view our current openings.
All Midwest Eye Consultants team members will need to bring the following skills:
- Energy and work ethics that incorporate a passion for learning and growth.
- Friendly personality with dedication to extraordinary patient care.
- Time Management
- Excellent Computer Skills
- A positive phone presence
- The ability to communicate with patients effectively in order to educate them on all options regarding their eye care needs.
- Previous optical experience is definitely a plus, but is not required.
- Greeting patients
- Answering telephone as well as contacting patients via the telephone
- Schedule appointments and effectively maintain physician schedule
- Determine insurance benefit for patient
- Contact insurance companies for patient authorization
- Process and file insurance claims
- Process patient at checkout, gather and enter fees into computer system and balancing of daily receipts
- Acquiring medical history and chief complaint of patient
- Prepare patient chart
- Ensure confidentiality of all medical records
- Ensure following of standards of care
- Assist physician with any training relative to equipment and/ot procedures
- Verifies and pre-certifies insurance as needed for surgical procedures and clinic appointments
- Assists with medical record functions such as filing reports and auditing for completeness
- Assisting patient with selection and dispensing of frames and lenses
- Communicate and understand the patient needs and then utilize this information to educate the patient on various options and products available to provide the best eyewear opportunities for the patients vision needs
- Must understand insurance and have the ability to understand billing of insurance to patients.
Patient Support Specialist
- The responsibilities listed for each position above (Patient Services, Technician, and Optician)
- PSS will fill in for those off due to illness, vacation, etc.
- Travel is required to the location and normally is within a maximum 60 minute commute.
- Travel time will be paid time for time in excess of 30 minutes one way or 60 minutes round trip.
Interested in positions not currently listed? Please send cover letter
and/or resume to email@example.com.
Resume will be kept on file 6 months.